Fire Extinguisher Servicing
We offer a Fire Extinguisher Servicing and Maintenance service. Our Engineer will call once a year to perform the inspection, servicing and maintenance of your fire extinguishers. There is a charge of £27.50p for this visit and a further charge of £6.75 per extinguisher checked plus parts needed.
There are other associated costs depending on the age of the units and I attach a scale of charges.
What do the Regulations say:
The maintenance cycle for fire extinguishers should consist of the following stages:
- Inspection by the user, conducted at least monthly.
- Basic service, conducted at least on an annual basis.
- Extended service including discharge testing or refurbishing, which, except for CO2 extinguishers and a few certain other exceptions, is carried out after the first five years, and then at five yearly intervals thereafter (as shown on the table below).
- In addition to being a recommendation of BS 5306-3:2003, stretch testing CO2 extinguishers after 10 years is actually a legal requirement under the Pressure Systems Safety Regulations 2000.
- Replacement, which should be performed at no later than at age 20 years.
Please note – its is recommended that extinguishers be replaced at 5 yearly intervals as the cost to perform a discharge test and then refill is not economical.