Automatic Fire Suppression System
ITS Fire and Security introduce the af-x fireblocker system aerosol based fire suppression system to our portfolio of fire safety systems:
What Systems/Rooms can be protected:
Where there is a requirement to equip a room with an automatic extinguishing system such as:
- Server Room
- Plant Room
- Electrical Intake/Equipment/Switch Rooms
- Battery Charging Rooms
- Energy Storage such as UPS
- Generator Rooms
- High Value item Storage Vaults
- Marine environments such as Engine Rooms, and battery lockers
- And other critical Infra Structure/ higher risk rooms that one can think of
The af-x Fire blocker is an aerosol-based solution and provides a cost effective, minimal space solution for areas that previously would have installed an Inert Gas Fire Suppression System.
What is an Inert Gas Fire Suppression System, this would be installed within a room in which electrical based systems or high value goods stored, or maybe archives were kept.
Such a room would have to be modified to be airtight, with venting with space not only for its primary purpose but to take kit required to install such a system. A considerable cost and inconvenience whilst works complete.
WE ARE PROPOSING AN ALTERNATIVE SOLUTION RATHER THAN INSTALLING AN INERT GAS SUPPRESSANT SYSTEM – THE AF-X FIRE BLOCKER SYSTEM WHCH USES A SOLID COMPOND THAT IS DISCHARGED AS A DRY AEROSOL MIST
- The af-x Extinguisher generator dispense a dry aerosol mist into the protected area. No water is involved so no damage to electrical equipment or to stored goods.
- The dry mist aerosol unlike inert gas does not interfere with the oxygen levels in the protected area so there is no danger to life.
- These systems are compact and lightweight, they require much less room to install into and no special alterations are needed to ready a room.
- The af-x generator has a long service life, the solid compound, which fuels the aerosol should have an certified 15 year product life if not used up.
- The Extinguishing generators can be equipped individually with thermal switches so they can be installed as standard alone units to protect a specific piece of equipment rather than a room with a larger volumetric area. Larger areas may require more than one extinguisher generator unit to be interlinked, there are different sizes together with controllers and able to use a fire alarm as their trigger.
- This feeds through into Lower investment costs compared with technologies as no special works needed to prepare the installation room to contain a gas, plus there is no need to install relief vents, cylinder storage or pipework
Download information sheets:-
click on any image to download pdf file.
Call us now for more details on 0300 303 2536